Croatia’s industrial producer prices down m-o-m

0
1232

Industrial producer prices in Croatia in September were down on the month and the decline was twice as high as the EU average, according to Eurostat, the statistical office of the European Union.

Producer prices in Croatia in September were down 0.6% from August when they plummeted 1.4%, Eurostat said.

In September 2015, compared with August 2015, industrial producer prices fell by 0.3% in both the euro area (EA19) and the EU28, according to estimates from Eurostat, the statistical office of the European Union. In
August 2015 prices decreased by 0.8% in the euro area and by 0.9% in the EU28.

In September 2015, compared with September 2014, industrial producer prices fell by 3.1% in the euro area and by 3.8% in the EU28.

The 0.3% decrease in industrial producer prices in total industry in the euro area in September 2015, compared with August 2015, is due to price falls of 0.8% in the energy sector, of 0.5% for intermediate goods and of 0.1% for durable consumer goods, while prices remained stable for capital goods and increased by 0.1% for non-durable consumer goods. Prices in total industry excluding energy fell by 0.2%.

In the EU28, the 0.3% decrease is due to price falls of 0.7% in the energy sector, of 0.5% for intermediate goods and of 0.1% for durable consumer goods, while prices remained stable for non-durable consumer goods and
increased by 0.1% for capital goods. Prices in total industry excluding energy fell by 0.2%. Industrial producer prices fell in all Member States except Belgium and Malta (both +0.5%) and France (+0.1%).

The largest decreases were observed in Ireland (-2.0%), Slovakia (-1.3%), Lithuania (-1.1%), Portugal (-1.0%), Estonia and Spain (both -0.9%).

Croatia’s producer prices in September were down 4.8% on the year, a steeper decline than in August when they fell by 4.1%.

(Hina)

NO COMMENTS

LEAVE A REPLY