Eighty-six people were killed on Saturday in two explosions in Ankara's main Turkish city, and 186 was wounded including 28 intensified, Turkish Minister of Health Mehmet Muezzinoglu said at a press conference.

Asked about the assurance of the protest that was the target of an attack, Interior Minister Selami Altinok at the same conference said there was no omission in security measures.

A senior Security Service spokesman told Reuters that the assault was most likely committed by a suicide bomber and that no car was destroyed in the explosion.

That unnamed source also said that Turkey had introduced a ban on the release of footage showing a moment of explosion.

Turkish Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan strongly condemned a double bomb attack, saying it was an attack on unity and peace.

In the statement of the president's office, Erdogan called for "solidarity and determination as the most cumbersome response to terror" and said that those behind this attack wanted to sow divisions in society.

The attack was sharply condemned by NATO, saying "there is no justification for such a horrible attack on people who have been protesting for peace."

"Allies in NATO remain united in the fight against terrorism," NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg said in a statement.

Injured persons were transferred to several hospitals in the city following the explosions that occurred while people gathered for a gathering that was called by trade unions and civil society organizations.

The planned peaceful mimohod should be held in protest of the conflict between the state and Kurdish militants in southeastern Turkey. Protesters arriving at a peace-loving assembly called the "killer cops" at the invocation of the opposition left-wing, while the force of the order calms and blows, the world's agencies reported.

Violence between Turkish authorities and the Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK) emerged in July when Turkey began striking air strikes on their pinnacle, claiming that it must be defended by increasingly frequent attacks on members of its security forces. Hundreds of people were killed in those clashes.

The recent attacks have taken place three weeks before Turkey's parliamentary elections in a disadvantage and because of the southeastern threat to extremists from the Sunni terrorist organization of the so-called Islamic state that have conquered large parts of Syria.